How do I search for messages received from a specific number?
How do I search for messages received during a specific date range?
How do I search for messages received that contain specific text?
Using TextPower's MessageReports app you can see all of the messages that you have received, otherwise known as "MOs" (mobile originated messages). These incoming messages are sent by your customers into our system and can be either POSTed to a URL on your server or forwarded via email to address(es) you specify. If you choose to do neither you can see a list of those messages on the "Received Messages (MOs)" page in MessageReports.
You can search for messages in an entire date range, or by a specific phone number or a combination of both. Here's how:
- After logging into the MessageReports app click the "Received Messages (MOs)" link in the left-hand navigation bar.
- Enter a start date and end date into the areas at the top of the page labeled that way. Note that if you want to see messages from the current day a blue button labeled "Show Today's List" is available. Click that and it will show all messages received that day. If you have a phone number in the "Number" field it will search for all messages from that number for the current day.
- After you enter the date range click the "Show List" button and your search results will appear.
- You can choose how many messages to display on that page by using the drop-down menu item just below the "Show List" and "Show Today's List" buttons. You can display 10, 25, 50, 100 or all messages. The first 5000 records that meet your criteria will be displayed on the web page. You can determine whether to display them in increments.
- You can download the entire list of records (not limited to the 5000 stated above) that meet your search criteria by clicking the "Download Report" button. A .CSV file will be created an downloaded to your computer.
- There is a "Search" field where you can enter a specific string of text or anything else of relevance - the system will search for that specific item within the results. So if you want to find all messages received from a particular number on a specific day containing a specific word you can do that easily by using the available search functions.
- You can sort the results shown on that page in ascending or descending order by clicking the arrows in the fields containing the names of the columns. Clicking the up/down arrow toggles the setting.
- The fields shown in the search results contain the following information:
- Number - the phone number from which the message was received.
- Message - what was the content of the message the user sent into the system.
- Type - there are several different types of messages but the most commonly seen types are:
- UserReply - this is the message sent in response to receiving a keyword, typically occurring when an end-user opts-in.
- POST - this indicates that the received message was sent to a third-party server such as for an OMS or billing system. Other messages may be POSTed to a server but this type of message specifically indicates that the user did not receive a reply from TextPower. The partner to whom we are POSTing the message (such as the OMS or billing provider) may command TextPower's system to send a reply but no reply is generated automatically by TextPower for this type of message.
- Keyword - indicates the keyword that the phone number sending the message is opted into.
- Carrier/Short Code - indicates the code for the carrier that the phone number is assigned to. You can find a translation table of TextPower's Carrier Codes here. The short code is the shared, dedicated or text-enabled number to which the message was sent and is assigned to your account.
- Receive ID - is the number assigned to this incoming message by the carriers for tracing and troubleshooting purposes.
- At the top of the page adjacent to the "Show List" and "See Today's List" buttons you'll see a black "Clear Search Fields" button. This will remove all entries from every search field and clear all search results from the page.
If you have any questions please contact Support@TextPower.com.