Uploading files is easy. You can find detailed information about the formatting of files and the use of tags to create groups in THIS FAQ, but the basics are simple:
- You can upload a file either with or without headers in the first row (Row 1 of your spreadsheet).
- Put all the phone numbers (or email addresses - the system will handle those, too) in Column A. They should all contain 10 digits (no international numbers and all numbers must have the area code). You can use punctuation if you want (e.g., 987-654-3210 or (987)654-3210, etc.) or just plain digits (9876543210). Any row that does not contain a valid phone number (or email address) in Column A will be ignored and no data from that row will be processed.
- Put whatever tags you want assigned to that number in Columns B, C, D, etc. You can have as many tags as you want and each tag can contain up to 75 characters. No spaces, punctuation or symbols of any kind are allowed in tag names. Any of those characters in tags will be removed such that "Substation 7" becomes "Substation7" or "Rates&Plans" becomes "RatesPlans." (Note that you can use the minus symbol IN FRONT OF a tag to remove it from that phone number) or IN FRONT OF a phone number to opt it out of the keyword or in front of a tag to remove it from that phone number. Here's an example:
- Save your file as a ".CSV" file (comma-delimited)
- Login to the customer portal using the credentials provided in your QuickStart Guide.
- Go to the Campaigns>Up/Download Optins menu item as shown here:
- On the Uploads page choose the keyword to which you want the numbers added:
- Click the "Choose File" button.
- After you choose the file from your computer that you want to use the name of it will appear next to the "Choose File" button:
- Click the "Upload File" button.
- If you want to erase ALL data in your opt-in list including phone numbers and tags and overwrite it with a "fresh" snapshot of your data you can do so by clicking the "Check to Delete All Existing Numbers and Tags" box. This will completely DELETE all data and REPLACE it with the new data you are uploading. You will not be charged to lookup phone numbers that have already been looked up previously. After you click the "Upload File" button be sure to check the box shown below.
- Enter an email address in the "Send Results to Email" field. You can enter more than one if you separate them with commas.
- Click the "Begin Bulk Number Upload" button.
You're done. An email will be sent to you when the file has entered the queue and another one when the file is done processing. If you need more assistance there is a highly detailed guide with even more screenshots and detail HERE.