When you use alerting services, you will have lists of cell number and/or email addresses that you want to send to. The List Maintenace tab allows you to perform various maintenance functions on those lists.
- You may have two kinds of lists, cell numbers and email addresses. You can work on only one kind of list at a time so the first thing you need to do is to select the list type you want to work on. You do that from the List Type selector. For each item in the list you have selected, you will see the item identifier (cell number or email address), the date that it opted in and the groups that it belongs to. At the end of each row, there is selection box. To perform maintenace functions on a row entry, you need to select that row by checking the box.
Paging through the list
- At any one time, you will see only a maximum of 25 items in your list. You can page through your list by clicking one of the four words that appear at the bottom of the list. These words are First (meaning the first page of the list), Next (meaning the next page of the list), Prev (meaning the previous page of the list) and Last (meaning the last page of the list. Note that not all four items will show all the time. For example, if you are on the first page of the list already, neither the First nor the Prev items will show.
Finding specific items in the list
- You can find specific items in the list by using the Find Number/Email box. To do that, just enter part of the item you want to find in the box and then hit either Enter, Tab or Return on your keyboard. Here are some examples:
- • To find the number, 5554204567, enter that in the box and hit tab. If that number appears in the list, you will see it as the sole item displayed.
- • To find all numbers in area code 818, enter 818 in the box and hit tab. You will see all numbers that have begin with 818 i.e. have an area code of 818.s
- • To find an item list that contains a quantity anywhere in it, put a % in front of your search. So to find all email addresses that have xyz.com as their domain, enter %xyz.com and hit tab or return. The % function is more useful for emails than for cell numbers but it works equally well with either.
Operations on a selected entry (Blue Buttons)
- The functions that you can perform on a selected entry are:
- • Delete the entry entirely (Opt it out) by clicking the Delete Entry button. The number or email will not get an OptOut message.
- • You may add an existing group or groups onto that entry by selecting existing groups and clicking the Add Group to √ #s button. (Add the selected groups to the selected entry.)
- • You may delete an existing group or groups from that entry by selecting existing groups and clicking the Remove Group from √ #s button. (Delete the selected groups from the selected entry.)
- • You may add a new group onto that entry by entering your new group name into the sNew Group box and clicking the Add Group to √ #s button. Your new group will be added to the selected entry and will also be added to the group list so that it may be added to other entries.
Operations on all entries(Red Buttons)
- There are other red buttons on this screen that appear all the time. These red buttons operate on ALL entries whether selected or not. Note that these operations cannot be undone so be sure you are doing what you want to do beforehand!
- Delete ALL groups from ALL entries, whether selected or not by selecting a group from the list and clicking the DELETE THE GROUP.
- When the list type is Email, the Email Import box is enabled. You may import email addresses into your email address list by entering them in the text box in the Import Emails section, one per line and then clicking the Import button.
Be sure not to use the Enter or Return key in the middle of lengthy email addresses; the address will automatically wrap to the next line and you should use the Enter or Return key at the end of the email address to go to the next line to enter another email address. (See "Import Errors" below for additional information.)
Cell Number Imports- General
- When the list type is Cell Numbers, the Cell Numbers Import box may be enabled if your account has this option. Contact TextPower for information about enabling this option.
You may import Cell Numbers into your Cell Number opt-in database by entering them in the text box in the Import Cell Numbers section, one per line and then clicking the Import button. To use the Cell Numbers Import feature, you must be using a keyword with the USER REPLY action or have an Auto Welcome message set up. The USER REPLY option is used when the initial message is sent directly from TextPower. You may alter this message on our customer web site. The Auto Welcome message can be set up through the Advanced SOAP Interface or by contacting TextPower. The customer will be sent the appropriate message on an import just as if they had Opted In on an MO message.
Cell Number Imports when using Linked Short Code and Ten Code campaigns.
- If your account is set up to allow linking of numbers opted in to either a regular or short code campaign, it may be ambiguous
- as to whether to import a number into the regular short code list or the Ten Code list. See this page for more details about using Linked short codes and Ten Codes in a mixed configuration.
- When you do an import of either emails or cell numbers, some errors may occur and some numbers many not be imported. These are displayed below the Import section. For email addresses, the only error that can occur is if the email address is not of a valid format. The email address is not verified to be a working email address. this can occur if, when entering a lengthy email addresses in the "Import Email" field, the "Enter" is used to before the end of an email address to split the address onto two or more lines. Separating the email addresses (i.e., starting a new line) by using the "Enter" or "Return" key is correct but entering that keystroke in the midst of an email address will cause an error; you should allow the email address to "wrap" around to the next line automatically.
For cell numbers, more extensive tests are performed. The number will be verified to be a cell number and the carrier will be indentified in addition to the basic form check. The error code, INACP, means "Is Not A Cell Phone".
About Tags (briefly - more info is HERE)
Note that the terms Tag, Send Tag and Group are interchangable. Sometimes the word Tag has to be substituted for the word Group for space reasons. They are the same thing. Group names are not case sensitive. Thus group mygroup and group MyGroup are exactly the same.